Georgia Tech has established a comprehensive package to support Hispanic/Latino students through a permanent scholarship endowment. The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund at Georgia Tech was made possible by The Goizueta Foundation, established by Roberto C. Goizueta, the late CEO and chairman of the board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company. The scholarship is designed to increase the number of students of Hispanic/Latino origin who enroll at Georgia Tech to pursue their undergraduate degrees.
- Must be of Hispanic/Latino heritage with family residing in the United States (i.e., not an international student planning to move abroad upon graduation).
- Must submit the Georgia Tech application for admission postmarked by January 6.
- Must be accepted for admission to Georgia Tech as a first-year student to enroll in the summer or fall. All scholarship winners will start receiving Goizueta funds in the fall semester. The Scholarship online application and essay are Here
- Must submit The Goizueta Foundation Scholarship at Georgia Tech essay and application by March 1 to OHI.
- Must submit a complete application for financial aid, including a FAFSA processed by the U.S. Department of Education and Georgia Tech Application for Scholarships and Financial Aid, and CSS Profile to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid by January 31.
- Scholarship is open to all majors.
- SAT or ACT Scores*
- High School GPA*
- Leadership and Activity Record*
- Personal Statement*
- The Goizueta Foundation Scholarship at Georgia Tech essay
- Financial Need (as determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid)
*Scores from these four elements are obtained from the Georgia Tech application for admission.
- Four-year or eight-term renewable (based upon students’ satisfactory academic performance, progress towards their degrees, and participation in events and activities sponsored by OHI).
- Merit- and need-based.
- May be held in addition to any other scholarship (e.g., HOPE, Stamps President’s Scholarship, etc.).
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA while at Georgia Tech.
- Must be a full-time student at Georgia Tech.
The Goizueta Foundation Scholars Fund at Georgia Tech provides an annual award disbursed in two payments during the academic year.
Scholars' Involvement and Participation
- Welcome reception for The Goizueta Foundation Scholarship recipients
- Luncheons with distinguished Hispanic/Latino faculty
- Projects (e.g., leadership conferences and community service)
- Other events and activities sponsored by OHI